Are you looking for some amazing and exceptional compare and contrast essay topics for your essay? You are in the right place.
Almost every student in his life has come across a situation where he has to write a compare and contrast essay for his academics. If you look into the concept of this essay, it is simple. We make comparisons in our life every day anyway.
Either to weigh what is more important or to just know how certain things can be the same as others yet be different. This blog is written to solve all queries of which topic to choose for a compare and contrast essay?
What is a Compare and Contrast Essay?
A compare and contrast essay is an essay type that presents how two objects and subjects are similar and different at the same type. Just the names suggest, the term “compare” means to identify the similarities between the two things of the same category, and “contrast” is the differentiation between them.
It is a type of academic paper or essay in which a writer has the freedom to go creative. To write a compare and contrast essay, a writer needs to develop the ability to assess the relevance between the two things to be compared and contrasted.
As the logic suggests, to compare or to contrast two things, it is necessary to deal with clear facts. A writer needs strong evidence for every point to draft this essay effectively.
This type of essay writing can be easy as well as difficult at the same time. If you know which structure to use for your essay, what approach to use while writing, and which topic is the best for this essay type, you are going to write the best essay for sure.
A compare and contrast essay is written with the traditional essay structure. Write an introduction by starting with a hook statement. Write a catchy statement that instantly convinces the readers to read your essay.
After this give a brief introduction to your topic and put forward your thesis statement. Following the introduction comes the main body of the essay according to the traditional essay outline. In the body paragraphs, all the comparisons and contrasts are made using facts and logic that altogether prove the thesis statement.
At the end of the essay comes the conclusion. Here a writer sums up his argument and restates the thesis statement to show that it is proved.
How to Choose Compare And Contrast Essay Topics?
The writing process of the compare and contrast essay begins with coming up with an essay topic. There is a whole process where you see what interests you and your reader and which topic is worth writing for.
Deciding on the right topic can be very daunting. You are lucky if you have assigned a topic by your instructor but if not then you have to spend some extra time thinking what to write about.
But coming up with your own topic has its own perks. You can be creative and write about anything you wish to. Make sure the topic is right, the tone you will be using is complementing, and the information provided is accurate and appropriate.
To make the process less exhaustive, follow the steps that professionals take to come up with the best topic for their documents.
- Think of topic ideas for which there are no universal consensus
- Identify the target audience and their interests
- Avoid choosing generic topics
- Select a topic for which you hold an opinion and can gather strong evidence to support it.
- Choose a topic that reflects your interest or passion. It will make the writing process of your essay much simpler.
It is advised to think carefully and thoroughly while choosing a topic for your essay. A good topic will keep the audience motivated and interested to read what you have written.
Compare and Contrast Essay Topics
In order to save our students from the hassle of coming up with a topic for their essays, our expert essay writers have gathered some good compare and contrast essay topics.
Compare and Contrast Essay Topics For High School
Here are some amazing compare and contrast essay topics for high school students.
- Books VS Movies by Stephen King
- Compare and contrast life in big cities and village life
- Donald Trump VS Hillary Clinton
- Realism VS Modernism
- iPhone VS Android
- Poetry VS Prose
- Steve Jobs and Bill Gates
- Healthy meals VS Fast food
- Full freedom VS Parental Control
- Nelson Mandela VS Martin Luther King Jr.
- Family VS Friends
- Fashion 10 years before VS Now
- Norms a decade ago VS Now
- Being single VS Being in a relationship
- Living at home with your parents VS Living on your own
Compare and Contrast Essay Topics For College Students
College students can draft their compare and contrast essays of the following topics:
- College Vs High school studies
- Students without part-time jobs Vs Students with a part-time job
- Research Paper VS Dissertation - Which is a bigger challenge?
- Traditional Schooling VS Homeschooling - Which is the better option?
- GRE VS SAT - Which is more important?
- Ph.D. VS Masters degree - Which is better for practical life?
- Extroverts and Introverts - Who are more successful?
- Online dating VS real-life dating - which is riskier?
- Oxford VS Harvard - A better option?
- TV commercials VS Printed ads - Which are more effective?
- Radio or Newspaper - A better option for news?
- SEO strategies VS Traditional marketing - Which one is more effective?
- Online jobs VS Traditional jobs
- Vampires or Werewolves
- Dumbledore VS Voldemort
Educational Compare and Contrast Essay Topics
Educational topics always work. Here is the list of educational compare and contrast essay topics:
- Learning science - Pros and Cons
- Chemistry or Physics - The harder subject
- Hardcopies VS E-books
- IELTS VS GRE
- Academic VS Scientific Writing
- Humanities VS Sciences
- Skill degree VS Professional - A better scope in practical life?
- Women’s Study and Gender Study
- Study of science VS Languages - Which one is more helpful
- College VS University - Which is more challenging?
- Correlation between technology and science
- College dean VS University rector
- Accounting VS Statistics
- 500-word essay VS Short story - Which one is more difficult to write?
- Private VS Public school
Historical Compare and Contrast Essay Topics
For those who are interested in writing essays on history, the following are topics you can choose for your compare and contrast essay:
- Washington’ VS Lincoln’s Ideas
- Baroque Epoch VS Renaissance
- Soviet government VS American government
- UK Prime Minister VS US President
- World War I VS World War II - Which was more disastrous?
- Nazism VS Fascism
- Mahatma Gandhi VS Muhammad Ali Jinnah - Difference in ideologies
- Van Gogh VS Leonardo da Vinci
- Friedrich Hegel VS Karl Marx
- Communism VS Liberalism
- Compare some Russian Emperors and their political regime
- King Louis XIV VS Henry VIII
- South and North before the Civil War in the US
- Nixon VS Kennedy
- Vietnam wars VS The Korean
Health Compare and Contrast Essay Topics
Some health-related compare and contrast essay topics can be:
- Smoking and Vaping - Which is more dangerous?
- Importance of food and health care
- To vaccinate VS not to
- Vegan VS Vegetarian
- Obesity and eating disorder
- Corn grain or Wheat
- Attitude towards Euthanasia in different countries of the world
- Public hospitals VS Private
- Early Adolescence VS Mental disorder in childhood
- Plant Packed food and Meat
- Vitamins from complexes VS Vitamins from foods
- Obese lifestyle VS Healthy lifestyle
- Video games or Cell phones - Which is more harmful to health?
- Balanced diet VS Physical activities - More important for health?
- Proper medication VS Home remedies for small problems
Funny Compare and Contrast Essay Topics
Adding humor in your essay always makes good writing. Here is a list of funny compare and contrast essay topics:
- Moonwalk VS Gangnam style
- XBOX VS PlayStation
- Growing a tree VS Raising a child
- Morse Code VS Fifth Symphony
- Coffee VS Drugs - Which is better to improve performance
- Game of Thrones VS F.R.I.E.N.D.S
- Pigeon post VS email
- Doing laundry VS Dishes
- Cats VS Dogs - who are better pets?
- Rihanna VS Beyonce
- Horror Vs Comedy - A better genre of movies?
- Paris Hilton VS Kim Kardashian
- Life of young people VS Senior citizens
- Receiving VS Giving gifts
- Traditional photos VS Selfies
Compare and Contrast Essay Topics For Sports
If you are into sports here are some interesting compare and contrast topics for your essay:
- Winter VS Summer sports
- Sports magazine VS Entertainment
- Football for men VS Women
- Checker VS Chess
- Cricket VS Soccer - A better sport?
- Breakdance VS Hip Hop
- Lionel Messi VS Cristiano Ronaldo
- Ricky Ponting VS Shoaib Akhtar
- Yoga VS Aerobics
- Running on treadmill VS Outside Reddit
- Steroids VS Energy drinks - Which are more harmful?
- Strength of mind VS Body - Which is more important?
- Watching baseball VS Basketball - A better sight?
- Skills need in cricket VS Football
- Individual sports VS team sports
Psychology Compare and Contrast Essay Topics
Some psychology-related compare and contrast essay topics can be:
- Self-evaluation of preschoolers VS teenagers
- Theories of Watson VS Skinner
- Autism VS Down Syndrome
- The difference in the psychology of kids from full families Vs orphans
- Bipolar disorder Vs depression
- Suicide VS Homicide
- Illusive dreams VS hallucination
- Claustrophobia Vs Agoraphobia - Which is worse?
- Fear of public speaking VS Social Anxiety
- Soft VS Hard drugs - Which are more dangerous?
- Love and lust - Difference
- Superego VS Ego
Compare and Contrast Essay Topics for 6th Grade
Choose from the following topics to write an interesting essay for your middle school.
- Celebrating Christmas away from home VS at home - Which is more fun?
- Comic Books VS Novels
- Winters or Summers?
- Juice VS Drinking mineral water - Which is healthier?
- Watching TV VS Reading Books
- Dogs and Wolves - Similarities and Differences
- Male friends VS Female friends - Who are better?
- Maths Teacher VS English Teacher
- Renting a video VS going to a movie
- Thunderstorms VS Snowstorms
The above-mentioned are some really good compare and contrast essay topics. Choose your topic to write the best essay. If you are still confused about choosing a topic and writing an essay in general, you can contact an online writing service. EssayWriter.college is a reliable writing service where a professional essay writer can help you achieve better academic grades.
Our professionals are experts in providing all kinds of high-quality academic essays and papers. Place your order today at affordable prices.