A successful and effective critical analysis is based on several factors, including having an interesting topic or strong opinion. A critical essay aims to examine the piece of literature and nonfiction from the author's point of view.
Writing on critical thinking essay topics is an interesting but challenging process for many students. Therefore, you must need some inspiration to get yourself started. That’s why we have gathered 100+ trending critical essay topics on our list that will spark your interest.
Continue reading this blog to get a good idea for good critical essay topics and start writing an impressive paper. Let’s get this started!
Critical Essay Topics for Students
Choosing the perfect critical essay topic can be a daunting task for students. Luckily, WriteMyEssay.help provides an easy way to find appropriate topics and ideas that will help you develop creative skills.
Pick one from this list of great potential topics or create your unique idea.
Easy Critical Essay Topics for High School Students
- The history of graffiti
- What impact does cross-racial adoption have on a child's psychology?
- Is it possible for environmentalists and capitalists to coexist?
- Modeling is known for its body shaming.
- Why has Latino culture become so popular in the United States?
- What does the word criticism mean in English?
- Is feminism a social threat?
- Inventive solutions to combat global warming
- Communication differences between men and women
- Pollution-fighting innovations
Interesting Critical essay topics for College Students
- What role does politics have in the environment?
- Addiction to drugs among teenagers
- Analyze the ideologies in historical films
- Discuss the discoverers of America.
- Why do firms spend millions of dollars on product advertising?
- The importance of positive teacher-student connection
- Discuss America's economic system's effectiveness
- Consequences of video gaming on health
- Explain the realism in the US
- Discuss the importance of recycling
(back to top)
Critical Evaluation Essay Topics for 2021
- Discuss racism in sports
- Analyze religious intolerances
- Explain the concept of Islamophobia
- Discuss the future of Apple
- Describe ethnic music
- The latest research on cancer
- Effects of same-sex relationships
- Discuss latest car technology innovations
- The effects of drug legalization
- Suicide and the availability of guns
(back to top)
Critical Essay Topics About Literature
- Love and death in Romeo and Juliet
- The imagery used in the poems by Walt Whitman
- The concept of social injustice in Oliver Twist
- Shakespearian sonnets
- How the poet created the meaning in the poem ‘My Last Duchess’
- How was black humor utilized in the literature of the 20th century?
- Fate in Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet
- Allegory in Orwell’s Animal Farm
- Torture in Night by Elie Wiesel
- The literary context of ‘Decameron’
Hamlet Critical Essay Topics
- Women and misogyny in Hamlet
- Explore the use of descriptions and images in the play.
- Explain the relationship between Hamlet and his mother.
- The tragic story of hamlet
- What is the role of revenge in Hamlet?
- Discuss Hamlet's relationship with Gertrude.
- What is Goethe's opinion of Hamlet?
- How does Hamlet go through both an outer and inner conflict?
- Where can we find hamlets in our lives?
- Describe Horatio’s role in the play.
(back to top)
New Critical Essay Topic Ideas About Different Subjects
The following are some great ideas for critical essay topics. These interesting and engaging topic ideas cover a wide range of subjects. So be sure to find an interesting topic that fits your interests.
Critical Essay Topics About Education
- What role does education play in social development?
- Education is the only way to lift people out of poverty.
- Education policies in public and private schools
- The influence of bad policies on education
- What role does education have in personal development?
- The education system in the United States is one of the best in the world.
- What role does education play in bringing about societal change?
- The impact of culture on education
- Education is a fundamental human right.
- Techniques of practical education vs. theoretical education
Social Critical Essay Topics
- How is social media assisting in the eradication of poverty in society?
- Learning social values is crucial
- Importance of anti-poverty programs
- Intercultural marriages and their effects on children
- Drug abuse is the biggest social issue, and it has an impact on same-sex marriages.
- Prostitution's causes and effects in our society
- How should society handle rape victims?
- Social values in the modern world
- Are protests and rallies effective?
- How are societies dealing with Covid-19?
Critical Essay Topics About Health
- The benefits and drawbacks of health insurance
- Antibiotics have been linked to weight gain.
- Having a well-balanced diet is essential.
- Importance of organ donation
- Effects of playing video games on health
- The benefits and drawbacks of vegetarianism
- Mental well-being and fatty foods
- Pros and cons of E-health technology
- Homeopathy - a pseudoscience
- Meat-free nutrition's drawbacks
Critical Essay Topics About Environment
- Food shortages around the world and their impact on the environment
- Environmental dangers and environmental safety
- Is it possible to stop global warming?
- Why are global food supplies dwindling?
- The benefits and drawbacks of various energy sources
- Discuss the major sources of pollution in your city.
- In today's world, how is biodiversity threatened?
- The interaction of society and nature as a system
- Analyze the phenomenon of climate refugees.
- Examine the different sources of renewable energy.
Critical Essay Topics About Movies
What are some elements that make a classical movie?
Examine a romantic comedy that you enjoy.
Discuss your favorite film and your thoughts on it.
Examine your favorite reality television show.
Write a critical review of a horror film you recently saw.
What is the current state of ‘humor’ as it is portrayed or used in the media?
Analyze one of the top cookery shows in the United Kingdom.
Examine a comic book character's persona in light of its film adaptation.
Discuss the themes that would make a great TV show
How high school is portrayed in 21 Jump Street vs. how it is in real life
Critical Essay Topics About Sports
- Drug usage and abuse in sports
- Effects of steroid use in bodybuilding
- Significance of stamina building
- Indoor games vs. outdoor games
- Discrimination and racism in sports
- Athlete's habits that affect their performance
- Dying sports of the world
- Observing sports on television vs. participating in them
- Cricket fans vs. football fans
- Is parkour a sport?
(back to top)
Tips to Choose a Critical Essay Topic
It is important to select a topic that you are confident in giving an analysis and evaluation. On the other hand, choosing difficult topics can result in poor quality work, so it's best to choose something simple.
What's the right topic for your essay? It can be hard to decide, but these tips will help you choose in no time.
- The essay topic should be something that interests you or is within your knowledge.
- Avoid choosing topics with extremely broad scopes and make sure there's enough information available on the subject.
- Choose a topic that best reflects the content of the essay.
When choosing a critical analysis essay topic, the most important thing is understanding your audience. This way, you can write engaging content tailored specifically for them and their unique interests.
It doesn’t matter what level you write an essay for; these tips will help create the best topic. If you’re still not confident about choosing a critical essay topic or writing a critical essay. Take some advice from EssayWriter.college.
We believe in helping students achieve their academic goals. Therefore, we offer free samples and writing help to anyone who needs it.
Our essay writing service provides free samples and professional assistance to all levels of learners! So whether you're stuck on the research paper or college essay- we have solutions just right up our sleeves.
With our professional writers, you don't have to worry about the pressure and stress of writing your paper. Instead, our essay writer will ensure deadlines are met while providing great advice on topics or content. We've got it all here at