List of Best Persuasive Essay Topics for Students
Persuasive essays are a very common writing style given to students in high school and colleges. They are encouraged to write such essays to improve their writing and research skills. It is also easier for teachers to grade students based on their persuasive writing skills.
Many students think that argumentative and persuasive essays are the same, which is wrong. Both of these essays are different from each other and we will discuss these changes in the blog ahead.
Choosing a topic for your persuasive essay is as hard as writing an essay itself. To make your life easier, we have gathered for you 100 excellent persuasive essay topics that you can develop an argument on.
Feel free to choose one of these topics so you can get started with your assignment as soon as possible.
What is a Persuasive Essay?
A persuasive essay is a type of academic writing in which you use logical reasoning to persuade the reader into agreeing with your point of view.
The purpose of a persuasive essay is to persuade and convince the reader about a certain viewpoint in a specific way. The basic condition of a persuasive essay is that it should be based on logic and shreds of evidence.
Generally, school and college students write on easy persuasive essay topics following the general essay structure. Similarly, like all other essay writing assignments, persuasive writing follows an outline that gives structure and a logical format to content.
(back to top)
How to Choose a Persuasive Essay Topic?
While writing any essay type or academic paper, small things can make your writing brilliant or a total flop. When writing a persuasive essay, simply stating the facts will not be enough.
Choosing the right topic for your essay and presenting it in the best possible way is everything. In order to convince your reader, it is important to keep in mind that your topic:
- Shouldn’t be too emotional
- It shouldn’t be complex and twisted
- Cliche or mainstream
- It shouldn’t be less interesting for the audience
If you want your essay topic and the whole essay engaging and effective, do the following things while choosing a topic:
- Decide your stance and take the stand
- Look for strong evidence and facts
- Make a list of key ideas and thoughts
- Give an outline to your essay
- Choose a broad and accessible topic for your essay
If you are a beginner, then the writing process of a persuasive essay or a persuasive speech will not be an easy task at all. However, to know the drill, you have to know the basics of writing a persuasive essay.
(back to top)
Difference between a Persuasive Essay and a Persuasive Speech?
A persuasive speech is another frequent type of persuasion writing. This sort of writing may be assigned in an academic course, although it is also frequently utilized in the business sector, for example, when presenting a new concept to investors in order to persuade them to invest their money in a project.
Writing an essay and a speech are two distinct activities. Although the ultimate aim is to persuade people of something, the way in which the author approaches the task, his or her style, tone of voice, and methods employed may all differ.
The following are the main differences between a persuasive speech and a persuasive essay:
- Audience - A speech, on the other hand, is designed to interact with a real audience while an essay is written for the purpose of reading.
- Tone - The tone of these two persuasion pieces is also distinct due to the difference in audience. A speech aims to produce an impactful emotional response.
Authors frequently utilize a specific vocabulary full of serious, hopeful, or uplifting tones to elicit such an effect. An essay also attempts to stir emotions; however, in order to do so, a writer will rely on the information and points he would add to the essay.
- Format - The following is a description of the essay's basic structure: an introduction, a body, and a conclusion. A speech typically has the same structure.
However, in order to make sure that the audience is on the same page as the speaker, speechwriters may create a separate conclusion for each assertion made in the body.
- Presentation - A presentation necessitates the use of a larger set of tools. As a result, when producing a speech, you may anticipate the speaker to utilize eye contact, body language, tone of voice, gestures, and so on to enhance the impact.
In contrast, when writing an essay, the overall impression of the work is determined by its word choice and usage.
Persuasive Essay vs. Argumentative Essay
It is important to have an argument in your persuasive essay and not just analyze a topic. A persuasive essay is quite similar to an argumentative essay, with one main difference.
The main difference between the two essay types is that a writer decides on a particular side to support and provides all information supporting the main stance. In contrast, in an argumentative essay outline, the writer presents both sides of an issue and leaves it to the reader to decide which side to choose.
If you have an assignment for a subject such as higher English, persuasive essay topics should not be too simple. Have a look at the topics mentioned below.
(back to top)
Persuasive Essay and Speech Topics - Easy to Difficult
We know that finding the right persuasive essay topic is difficult. Sometimes students need simple topics while at other times, they may need something more in-depth in nature.
Here, we have presented topics for all difficulty levels.
Easy Persuasive Essay and Speech Topics
- Exams in modern classrooms are out of sync with students' abilities.
- Schools should not engage in commercial activities.
- In restaurants, soda shouldn't be offered to children.
- Fries should not be offered in public school cafeterias.
- Different classes for boys and girls should be available.
- If a kid does anything wrong, his or her parents should be imprisoned.
- Adults aged 21 and lower should be permitted to consume alcoholic beverages so long as they have the permission of their parents.
- Parents must ensure that their children get a balanced diet.
- Parents should search kids' belongings for illegal drugs on a regular basis.
- The Internet was created with the goal of improving our existence.
Medium Difficult Persuasive Essay and Speech Topics
- Illegal immigrants should be granted amnesty.
- The United States should end its use of the death penalty.
- The U.S. should reduce its military spending.
- The Patriot Act undermines civil liberties.
- The U.S. should increase its use of nuclear energy.
- Censorship is sometimes necessary.
- Smoking in public places should be banned.
- The U.S. should provide free college education to all students.
- The Electoral College system for electing the president should be abolished.
- Prayer should be allowed in public schools.
Difficult Persuasive Essay and Speech Topics
- Orientation toward people of the same sex or gender is established in early childhood.
- Capital punishment is a violation of the law.
- Humans are the primary cause of global climate change.
- The practice of euthanasia should be permissible.
- The electroshock device must be carried by the adult.
- Ansoff, Boston, and the Strategy Clock
- Same-sex marriages should be prohibited by the U.S. Supreme Court.
- There are several solutions to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
- The right to self-defense should be a constitutional right under the Second Amendment.
- Immigrants who break the law should not be imprisoned and forced to work to pay their expenses.
(back to top)
Perve Essay and Speech Topics for Students
“What are some good persuasive essay topics?”
Have you been searching the internet for good persuasive essay topics for grade 8? Search no more, here are some interesting persuasive essay topics for students of any academic level.
Persuasive Essay and Speech Topics for Kids
- Schools should not have a dress code
- Pet daycare should be mandatory in schools
- What age should children join the school?
- School policies should not be strict
- Is it important to get pocket money from parents
- Sweets and candy should not be allowed in school
- Strict rules against littering in schools
- Growing vegetables at home
- There should be a separate smoking area outside houses
- Exercise should be a must for everyone
Persuasive Essay and Speech Topics for Middle School
- Beauty is in the eye of the beholder - Do you agree?
- Summer classes - Do they help?
- Internet filters and censorship - Should they exist in school computers?
- Bullying - Do we have justified punishments for people who bully?
- Discuss the pros & cons of year-round school.
- Should students take a gap year?
- Gym classes in school - Should they be made mandatory?
- Global warming - Who is responsible?
- Are violent video games causing aggressive behavior in teenagers?
- Are men smarter than women?
Persuasive Essay and Speech Topics for Grade 7
- Computer games should be taught in School
- Students don’t get enough sleep.
- Vending machines should have healthy snacks only.
- Audiobooks should be free for students.
- Everyone should not be given complete access to the internet.
- Violent video games cause anger issues in kids.
- Minorities should not be given special treatment, but equal rights in all life aspects.
- No one has a healthy diet anymore, is it true?
- City life is much better than rural life
- Responsibilities that come with power should not be taken lightly.
Persuasive Essay and Speech Topics for High School
- Overcoming fears - Is it possible?
- Should students be allowed to evaluate their instructors?
- Is using a cell phone in class during lectures ethical?
- Lottery - How to spend the money you win?
- Is moving from a rural to urban area helpful?
- Is the amount of homework college students get fair?
- Should junk food be banned in high schools?
- Does stress cause obesity as well?
- Death penalty in the United States - what is its social value?
- Following a dress code should be made optional.
Persuasive Essay and Speech Topics for College
- Does the high school system need to be reformed?
- Local terrorism vs. international criminal activities - what’s more, important to pay attention to?
- The idea of feminism - what effects it had on motherhood?
- How important is it for a child’s personality to be raised by both of its parents?
- Divorce - Is it only because of the absence of love?
- Do wives who earn more than their husbands dominate them?
- Research paper VS exams - A better way of learning?
- Is working hard at a workplace the only way to feel better?
- Does truth have the same definition in all parts of the world?
- Hobbies - Do they complement your skills?
Persuasive Essay and Speech Topics for Bachelor’s Level
- Fast food chains should display the calorie count of each food item.
- The middle-class is overburdened due to the present taxation system.
- Former mental patients and drug addicts live in halfway houses before moving to their full-fledged lives.
- There should be no billboards on highways.
- When a defendant enters a non-guilty-by-reason-of-insanity plea, psychiatrists should give testimony in court.
- The United States Constitution should include a National Health Insurance Program as a requirement.
- Child abusers should be sentenced to death.
- Parents who are interested in adopting should be required to complete parenting courses.
- Teens who are parents should be encouraged to marry in high school.
- Should the United Nations be abolished?
Persuasive Essay and Speech Topics for Master’s Students
- How are young billionaires made? Should they even exist?
- The most effective investment strategies of 2021.
- A vegan diet should not be the only diet followed by people.
- Who made the insurance industry?
- How to improve jobs in the current economy?
- Are there any crazy laws that need to be changed?
- The death penalty should be abolished.
- Women rights in the 21st Century
- Popular election reforms
- Supreme court duties
(back to top)
Persuasive Essay and Speech Topics for Different Subjects
Here are some good topics to help you get started;
Persuasive Essay and Speech Topics on Animals
- Who are better pets? Cats or Dogs?
- Should people who keep exotic animals as pets be discouraged?
- Is protecting and caring for animal habitats important?
- Should punishments be laid on people who hurt animals?
- Are emotional support animals of any help?
- Are microchipping homeless dogs and home pets justified?
- Is wildlife conservation can only be done by keeping animals in Zoos?
- Uneducated owners abuse animals.
- Is keeping animals in cages ethical?
- Giving hormone injections to cows should be banned.
Sports Persuasive Essay and Speech Topics
- College students should be paid to participate in sports.
- Female students should be more encouraged to take part in sports.
- Is cheerleading a sport?
- Does homophobia exist in the sports industry?
- Do gender and ethnic discrimination exist in sports?
- Bodybuilding - Risks for females?
- Importance of sports in a child’s personality building?
- Who has better stamina? A footballer or a cricketer?
- Does drinking energy drinks affect the performance of a sportsman?
- Do mind games require the same energy as rugged sports?
Persuasive Essay and Speech Topics on Education
- The education system in rural vs. urban areas?
- Should social media be banned in schools and colleges?
- Can you buy knowledge?
- Does investing in the education sector helps to eradicate poverty?
- Do students learn in early morning classes?
- Traditional schooling vs. remote education - What is better?
- Stereotyping the educational fields - Justified?
- Should the same education be given to immigrants of third-world countries?
- Power of education vs. wealth - which is undefeatable?
- Should transgenders be allowed to get an education in the same institute as others?
Funny Persuasive Essay and Speech Topics
- Is my pet planning to kill me?
- Funny animal videos on social media are not funny.
- Do looks matter the most?
- The only way to make this world a happy place is by legalizing marijuana.
- The boss is not always right.
- Is happy marriage a myth?
- The award for worst movie of the century goes to?
- Why are spam emails more interesting?
- How to look busy at work?
- Do boys gossip as well?
Controversial Persuasive Essay and Speech Topics
- Disable people should be discouraged from having babies.
- Learning a foreign language should be mandatory for high school students.
- Having more than two kids is unreasonable.
- Illegal immigrants are less likely to commit crimes than natives.
- Torture is important to interrogate.
- Is the cost of health care in the United States justified?
- Using biological weapons in war is essential.
- Should same-sex marriages be banned?
- Is sex education necessary in schools? Why?
- Gay couples should be allowed to adopt children.
Unusual Persuasive Essay and Speech Topics
- Technology can fix all existing problems.
- Humans are not intrinsically good, it is just their actions.
- Space exploration is not worth the cost
- Working days should be reduced to four days a week
- Limited technology should be available to students at school
- Exotic pets should be put in zoos to preserve them
- Euthanasia should not be legal under any condition
- A president\s term should not be limited
- Social media should be completely shut down
- Embalming is unethical and hurtful for the deceased’s family/
If you are confused about the pattern, prompt, or anything of your essay, it's a good idea to take professional help at EssayWriter.college.
Reach out to us now and save yourself from making mistakes and errors.